Roof Repointing Services Melbourne
Roof repointing is a process of repairing or replacing the mortar that holds the tiles on your roof in place. Mortar can crack and crumble over time, which can allow water to seep into your roof and cause damage. Repointing can help to prevent leaks and extend the life of your roof.
There are two main types of roof repointing:
- Hardpointing: This is a more traditional method of repointing that involves using a hard mortar, such as cement. Hardpointing is durable and can last for many years, but it can be more expensive than other methods.
- Flexible pointing: This is a newer method of repointing that uses a flexible mortar, such as polymer-modified mortar. Flexible pointing is more expensive than hardpointing, but it is more durable and can withstand the expansion and contraction of your roof caused by weather changes.
The best type of roof repointing for your home will depend on the age of your roof, the type of mortar that was used originally, and your budget.
If you are considering roof repointing, call all roof repair on 1300653385 for quick quote.
Here are some of the benefits of roof repointing:
- Prevents leaks: Repointing can help to prevent water from seeping into your roof and causing damage.
- Extends the life of your roof: Repointing can help to extend the life of your roof by preventing it from deteriorating.
- Improves the appearance of your roof: Repointing can make your roof look newer and more attractive.
If you are noticing any of the following signs, it may be time to have your roof repointed:
- Loose or cracked tiles: Loose or cracked tiles can be a sign that the mortar is failing.
- Moisture stains: Moisture stains on your roof or ceilings can be a sign that water is leaking into your home.
- Green or black algae: Green or black algae can grow on your roof if it is not properly ventilated. This algae can damage your roof and make it look unsightly.
If you are concerned about the condition of your roof, it is a good idea to have it inspected by a qualified roofing contractor.